New Year's Eve Marriage Services
The downtown Sacramento
County Clerk/Recorder office will stay open until 7 p.m. on Tuesday, December
31st, to accommodate the issuance
of marriage licenses and ceremony
services. Appointments are recommended
and additional fees apply
after 5:00 p.m. The office will be closed the following day, Wednesday, January
1st, for New Year’s Day.
Clerk Fee Change
Effective January 1, 2020, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) environmental document filing fees will increase pursuant to Section 711.4 of the Fish and Game Code.
Recording Fee Change
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to Government Code (Gov 27361.3), the fee to record a Government Release of Lien document will increase from $8.00 to $20.00 due to the passage of Senate Bill 780 (SB780).
Grantor/Grantee Index Search
Starting June 24, 2019, the Sacramento County
Clerk/Recorder’s Office transitioned to a new Grantor/Grantee Index
system. To access the new search portal, click on the Records Search icon above. Please update any
Clerk/Recorder Search favorites or shortcuts you have to the new Public Search
The County Clerk/Recorder strives to provide responsive, efficient, and cost-effective service to customers while maintaining the highest degree of respect, fairness, public trust and integrity. Such service is balanced to reflect compliance with statutory requirements and the needs of our customers.
Our office carries out the following functions on behalf of Sacramento County:
- Issues and registers marriage licenses
- Performs civil marriage ceremonies
- Registers notaries public, process servers, professional photocopiers, legal document assistants (LDAs), and unlawful detainer assistants (UDAs)
- Files environmental impact reports and fictitious business name statements
- Records or files authorized documents and maps
- Preserves the official archive of legally recordable documents
- Maintains records of all marriages, births, and deaths occurring within Sacramento County (Note: Divorce records are maintained by the Superior Court.)
- Issues birth, death and marriage certificates, and certified copies of recorded documents
Sign up for email alerts about County Clerk/Recorder services