Restrictive Covenant Modification

State law authorizes a person who holds an ownership interest of record in property that is the subject of a racially or otherwise unlawfully restrictive covenant to record a Restrictive Covenant Modification document to have the illegal language stricken.  Government Code §12956.2

Getting Your CC&Rs

Typically, you receive a copy of your property's Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs) from the title company when you purchase your home.  If you recently purchased a home and did not receive a copy of your CC&Rs, contact your title company for assistance.

You can also obtain a copy of your CC&Rs by visiting one of our office locations or sending us a copy order. If you have questions or need further assistance, call our office at (916) 874-6334

How To Proceed

If your CC&Rs contain racially or otherwise unlawfully restrictive covenants, our office will work with you to prepare and record a Restrictive Covenant Modification.  For assistance, call (916) 874-8884. If leaving a voice message, please provide the information below which will allow us to begin preparing the necessary paperwork. You will be contacted in a timely manner to confirm that your request has been received.

  • Your first and last name (with correct spelling)

  • Your phone number

  • Your property address and subdivision name

  • The year you purchased the property

  • If available, the recording book and page or document number to the CC&R document that contains the unlawfully restrictive covenant(s)