Frequently Asked Questions
- Any document authorized or required by law to be recorded, such as Grant Deed, Deed of Trust, Mechanic's Lien.
- Refer to the Fee Schedule for information about document recording fees.
- Documents are recorded the day they are received by this office provided they meet all recording requirements.
- Yes. Documents are mailed back within 10 working days after recording.
- Forms may be available at stationery stores and office supply stores that stock legal forms. Information and forms are also available at the Sacramento County Public Law Library, 609 - 9th Street, First Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814, (916) 874-6012
- Questions about a California state tax lien should be directed to the state agency which requested recordation of the lien. For contact information refer to Tax Liens.
- Questions about a federal tax lien should be directed to the Internal Revenue Service. For contact information refer to Tax Liens.